MicroRNA Childhood Cancer Catalog (M3Cs)
Welcome to MicroRNA Childhood Cancer Catalog (M3Cs). This is the first specialized miRNA platform in childhood cancer. The catalog is a clinical bioinformatics resource for pediatric oncology researchers and clinicians. It enables them to search existing findings on miRNAs within 16 pediatric cancer diseases. In addition, M3Cs offers a standard model for reporting future clinical studies in pediatric cancer and encourages journal editors, reviewers as well as researchers to standardize miRNA clinical publications to foster its clinical application.
The principle of this platform is, based on the translational bioinformatics spectrum, to bring miRNA research into clinical significance in both pediatric cancer patient care and drug discovery and toward health informatics in childhood cancer.
I. Data-Driven Clinical Significance:
- Ethnicity Effect: M3Cs is the first platform that reports all clinical studies accompanied by patients’ ethnicity. M3Cs follows the GWAS catalog (https://www.ebi.ac.uk/gwas/) in this regard. This is crucial due to diagnostic/prognostic variations that have been seen due to this effect.
- miR-Polymorphism & Drug Response/miRNA Pharmacogenomics: M3Cs reports many clinical studies about miRNAs-associated drug toxicity. This will pay attention to miRNA Pharmacogenomics to be used in contemporary treatment protocols and consequently more research in this promising field.
- miRNA Value as a Probable Diagnostic, Prognostic, and Predictive Biomarker: M3Cs reports studies that investigate the potential role of miRNA as a diagnostic, prognostic, and predictive biomarker in each pediatric cancer disease. It helps to identify reported miRNAs that can be used as a biomarker panel (a group of miRNAs or miRNAs & genes). In addition, it promotes researchers to use data to investigate “new biomarker panel” and to pursue more meta-analysis studies.
- miR-Polymorphism Value as a Probable Risk Factor for Pediatric Cancer Disease: M3Cs will encourage researchers to conduct more molecular epidemiological studies.
- MiRNA-Based Theragnostic: M3Cs reports clinical studies with dysregulated miRNAs and their reported direct target gene(s). It enables researchers to fuse diagnostics with targeted therapy as personalized medicines to improve both the management and outcome of many pediatric cancer diseases.
II. Data-Driven Human Pediatric Cell line Models:
- miRNA Effect on The Tumor Phenotype: M3Cs collects most human pediatric cell line studies that identify the effect of miRNA on the tumor phenotype to differentiate between miRNAs that act as a tumor suppressor or Oncogene. It enables researchers to investigate the potential use of this effect in the clinical practice.
- miRNA Value as a Targeted Therapy: M3Cs reports human pediatric cell lines studies with dysregulated miRNAs and their reported target genes along with the underlying affected downstream pathways. It will enable researchers to establish miRNAs-based targeted therapy in many pediatric cancer diseases.
- Drug Effect on miRNA Expression. This encourages researchers toward translational research.
You can contact M3Cs for any questions or comments using E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org